Melbourne Water – Maroondah Aqueduct
Melbourne Water operates a 66km aqueduct which transports water from the Yarra Valley to the Melbourne urban water distribution system.
Maroondah Aqueduct was originally built in the 19th century, and the concrete infrastructure had deteriorated over time. Melbourne Water utilised ITL’s Aquaseal and Polyfill to remediate a section of the aquadust at Pauls Lane, Heaesville.
Scope of work
- Maroondah Aqueduct structure is 60-100+ years
- Channel losses in this section have been identified through drainage system
- Utilise ITL Aquaseal Concrete Remediation System
- Make good channel structure
- Fill cracks with ITL Polyfill
- Coat with ITL Aquaseal
- Return to service and monitor performance
Click on images to enlarge